AESC is continually evaluating our hiring needs for veterinary assistant positions, please email your resume for consideration. This position includes evenings, overnights, weekends and rotating holidays. Veterinary assistants are a valuable resource here at AESC, and we are continually seeking well qualified candidates to join our team!
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Stocking hospital supplies
- Animal restraint
- Cleaning areas of hospital (vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, wiping down)
- Assisting technicians with blood draws, treatments, and radiology
- Prepare prescriptions under supervision
- Cleaning patient cages and litter boxes
- Restrain for ultrasounds
- Washing dishes
Education Required: High-school diploma or equivalent required, graduate of a veterinary assistant education program preferred
Experience: Previous veterinary experience preferred, but not required for the right candidate
Lifting: routine lifting of up to 20 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
Status: Full time, benefit eligible after introductory period.
Pay rate: Competitive $DOE per hour, based on experience.