Department: Internal Medicine
Reports to: Technician Manager
Rate of Pay: $21 - $27 Hourly
Overall Responsibility: Internal Medicine Techs must be outgoing and independent, making use of ALL available time. Internal Medicine Techs must have the ability to perform and react in a wide variety of daily situations as well as work with every department in the hospital. They must possess excellent communication skills. An Internal Medicine Tech provides a link between clients, client services, doctors, and technicians. They must be able to react in ANY situation in a professional and efficient manner.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate the doctors daily schedule.
- Prepare exam room for each visit, including tools needed for each exam.
- Retrieve patient charts from client services in order of appointment time or doctor request.
- Greet clients, obtain patients current body weight, reason for visit and brief history. Obtain other vitals and labwork as needed.
- Perform and assist with all aspects of animal restraint for exams and procedures.
- Preform all types of restraint, venipuncture for all types of blood work. Administer SQ fluids, medications, ect per doctors orders.
- Basic grooming as needed.
- Complete estimates, basic record keeping.
- Assist with endoscopy and other procedures as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year of animal experience preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication with staff, and between staff and upper management. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.