Reports to: Specialty Manager
Rate of Pay: $22-$30 DOE with $1500 signing bonus*
Schedule: Monday - Thursday 6am - 4pm
Animal Specialty & Emergency Center is seeking a Veterinary Technician for our state of the art, faced paced and dynamic neurology department. The neurology department includes both neurology and neurosurgery and has MRI and CT imaging capabilities. The Neurology technician will be responsible for monitoring anesthesia during MRI procedures and neurosurgery cases. There is a great opportunity to learn about interesting, but unfortunate, neurological diseases and how the brain works.
We are seeking a candidate that is outgoing and independent with positive attitude. Interested individuals must have a drive to learn and grow while keeping pace with a heavy caseload. Excellent communication skills are must. The technician must be able to facilitate communication and patient care between clients, doctors, and assistants. The candidate must be able to react in any given situation in a professional and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical skills: venipuncture, blood draw, placing IV catheter, lab sample collection
- Admitting and discharging procedural and surgical cases.
- Dispensing medications directed by veterinarian.
- Preparing estimates and collecting payment from clients.
- Assisting doctor with outpatient appointments, consults and rechecks.
- Anesthesia monitoring, endotracheal intubation, assisting the doctor with surgical cases, including scrubbing into surgery.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment with a positive attitude
- Surgical assisting: preparing and maintaining the surgical environment
- Calculate drug dosages (IV, IM and SQ) of any pre-induction medications, and administering the same
- Professional client communication
- Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols
- Participates in weekend and evening on-call rotation, on-call incentives apply
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year of Veterinary Technician work experience, preferably with anesthesia experience. Veterinary Technician certification preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent and professional communication with the team and clients. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving. Anesthesia experience strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with matching program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scrub Allowance
*MUST be credentialed to qualify for signing bonus