Certified Veterinary Technician (Surgery & Neurology Department)
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center in Parker, is seeking a certified veterinary technician to join our Surgery and Neurology Department. The candidate has the opportunity to work with multiple specialists and to see a diverse caseload. The Surgery Department provides care for patients in our extensive and technologically advanced surgical and neurological department.
This diverse caseload will give the candidate the opportunity to work with multiple specialists in a progressive environment (advanced imaging, MRI, CT scan and minimally invasive techniques, etc.). This encourages an interesting, yet fun working atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have experience as a veterinary technician working in a fast-paced, patient-centered veterinary practice.
Duties for the Certified Veterinary Technician include:
- Client communication
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring
- Critical Care Monitoring
- Patient care and pain management
- After-hours on-call including nights, weekends and holidays
- Management of case-flow throughout the day
- Communication with referring veterinarians
The successful candidate will possess specific qualities:
- Great technical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Punctual, on-time and reliable
- Efficient work habits
Additional information for the position:
- Education requirements: Graduate of an accredited technician training program, Certified Veterinary Technician.
- Status: Full-time, benefits eligible after introductory period
- Physical requirements: able to stand on feet for most hours of the work day, ability to lift sedate or anesthetized patients with assistance.
- Benefits include health/dental insurance, 401k retirement plan, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, paid time off, uniforms, an employee discount, CE funds and CAVT dues.
- Pay Rate: $DOE (depending experience, interviews, references) Additional pay for on-call coverage.
- The Surgery and Neurology Department at AESC is a busy and demanding service, so only candidates with a strong team work ethic are encouraged to apply.
- Please visit our website for additional information: http://aescparker.com/
Candidates (including candidates who have previously submitted a resume or application to AESC) must complete an employment application (please also submit your resume with references) and submit to Sara Logan, Staff Development & Training Coordinator via email at email@example.com.