Our Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Service is here to help treat your beloved pet with comprehensive pain management, rehabilitation, acupuncture, and regenerative medicine, and provide rehabilitative support for a variety of musculoskeletal, orthopedic, neurologic, and systemic disorders.
Post-operative patients: stifle, spine, hip, elbow, and shoulder surgeries, amputation and fracture repair, as well as soft tissue and oncologic surgeries. We partner with board-certified surgeons to build comprehensive treatment and recovery plans when surgery is indicated, improving outcomes and return to function.
Nonsurgical management of cruciate disease, hip dysplasia, spine problems or elbow dysplasia. For nonsurgical candidates, we can design protocols to enable the highest possible pain-free function and, in some cases, discuss custom orthosis (brace) options.
Muscle injuries and medial shoulder instability. Whether working through an acute or chronic injury, rehabilitation treatment plans, possibly together with regenerative medicine therapies, may be of benefit.
Osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease and weight management. As pets age and degenerative changes progress, pain-free mobility and function are paramount. We can work together to provide pain management, supplements, rehabilitation planning, and long-term goals to make your pet as comfortable as possible. Intra-articular injections may also be of benefit, depending on the diagnosis.
Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Services include (but are not limited to):
- Lameness and sports-specific evaluations
- Individualized rehabilitation program development
- Diagnostic Imaging (radiographs, ultrasound, CT scan)
- Pain management
- Diagnostic joint blocks (local anesthesia)
- Training program development / guided return to sport
- Neurofunctional acupuncture
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Intra-articular therapies
- Regenerative Medicine - platelet rich plasma (PRP), stem cells
- Pain management / Osteoarthritis management
- Underwater treadmill (UWTM)
- Electrical Stimulation (NMES, E-STIM)
- Class IV Laser therapy
- Nutrition, weight management
Animal Emergency and Specialty Center is proud to be an approved internship site for the Canine Rehabilitation Institute (CRI). If you have any questions about the program or would like to participate, please contact us.