Veterinary Assistants- Emergency & Critical Care Department
Jan 21, 2019
AESC is continually evaluating our hiring needs for veterinary assistant positions, please email your resume for consideration. This position includes evenings, overnights, weekends and rotating holidays. Veterinary assistants are a valuable resource here at AESC, and we are continually seeking well qualified candidates to join our team!
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Stocking hospital supplies
- Animal restraint
- Cleaning areas of hospital (vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, wiping down)
- Assisting technicians with blood draws, treatments, and radiology
- Prepare prescriptions under supervision
- Cleaning patient cages and litter boxes
- Restrain for ultrasounds
- Washing dishes
Education Required: High-school diploma or equivalent required, graduate of a veterinary assistant education program preferred
Experience: Previous veterinary experience preferred, but not required for the right candidate
Lifting: routine lifting of up to 20 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
Status: Full time, benefit eligible after introductory period.
Pay rate: Competitive $DOE per hour, based on experience.