Jan 28, 2019
Veterinary assistants are a critical resource here at AESC, and we’re continually seeking well-qualified candidates to join our team! This position includes evenings, overnights, weekends and rotating holidays.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Stocking hospital supplies
- Animal restraint
- Cleaning areas of hospital (vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, wiping down)
- Assisting technicians with blood draws, treatments and radiology
- Preparing prescriptions under supervision
- Cleaning patient cages and litter boxes
- Restraining for ultrasounds
- Washing dishes
Education Required: High-school diploma or equivalent required, graduate of a veterinary assistant education program preferred
Experience: Previous veterinary experience preferred, but not required for the right candidate
Lifting: Routine lifting of up to 20 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
Status: Full-time, benefit eligible after introductory period.
Pay rate: $14-$17 per hour