Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Assistant
Nov 29, 2021
Title of Position: Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation (SMR) Assistant
Reports to: Hospital Director/Practice Manager
Rate of Pay: $14 - $15 Hourly
Overall Responsibility: The primary goal of the Sport Medicine & Rehabilitation (SMR) Assistant is to facilitate the responsibilities of the assigned department in order to provide exemplary patient care and seamless communication both internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implementing treatment protocols prescribed by the specialist while under technician supervision.
- Provide care for animals as needed pre and post-op per the sports med doctor
- Assist with radiographs, underwater treadmill, electronic stimulation, laser therapy, therapeutic ultrasound and manual therapies and treatments as directed.
- Restraint of animals as needed
- Contribute information to patient’s medical record
- Maintain cleanliness of the sports medicine space
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 6 months of animal handling experience. Some surgical experience preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication with staff, and between staff and upper management. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.