Nov 29, 2021
Title of Position: Floor Supervisor
Reports to: Practice Manager
Rate of Pay: $24 - $28 Hourly DOE
Overall Responsibility: To oversee floor staff and help maintain high quality patient care and excellent client service.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain all staffing schedules.
- Make adjustments to the schedule as the needs of shifts change.
- Coordinate with specialty departments to ensure adequate scheduling.
- Be the emergency contact for all departments regarding schedule changes.
- Facilitate coverage when staff calls out.
- Address time off requests and facilitate coverage as needed when different staff members are scheduled to be off.
- Complete accident forms and investigations for injuries that have occurred on your shift.
- Rotate through wards, look through charts, oversee medical treatments and check for accuracy.
- Ensure each Tech has helped with end of shift treatments. Ensure each Tech has rounded with the next shift and document rounding statements on treatment sheet.
- Troubleshooting and working with Customer Support to fix Cornerstone, Cubex, network, phone, and printer issues.
- Assist Veterinary Assistants, CSR, Pharmacy, and Housekeeping with any issues that may arise on the floor.
- Assist management with yearly performance reviews.
- Assist management with disciplinary action when needed.
- Be part of the screening and interview process for new hires.
- Attend all mandatory meetings for departments and any other meetings that are deemed mandatory per management.
Monitoring the flow of the floor:
- Ensure daily tasks and treatments are getting done quickly, efficiently, and correctly.
- Assist new hires with training.
- Seek out creative and new ways of accomplishing daily goals.
- Ensure staff are following hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist with drop offs, appropriate paper-work is complete, make appropriate calls, and ensure discharge instructions are provided to clients clearly and accurately.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent. At least 2 years of customer service experience in a lead or supervisory roll.
Skill Requirements: At least 2 years in a lead or supervisory Customer Service setting. Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication with staff, and between staff and upper management. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.