Customer Service Representative
Nov 29, 2021
Title of Position: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Hospital Director
Rate of Pay: $14 - $18 Hourly
Overall Responsibility: Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) are on the front line between clients/patients and the rest of the hospital. CSRs must be able to think and act quickly in order to facilitate the best possible care for all patients. CSRs are responsible for interacting with all areas of the hospital and organizing the flow of the hospital to the best of their abilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answer multiple phone lines
- Check in all scheduled appointments for ALL departments
- Check in all emergent cases that come in to the ER
- Send appointment reminder emails, calls and texts
- Preform follow-up calls for recent visits
- Keep the front desk and lobby clean at all times
- Scan in documents to patient charts and maintain records
- Work with the Referral Coordinator to facilitate appointments from referring veterinarians
- Clean other areas of the hospital as needed
- Other duties as needed.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required. At least 1 year of animal experience preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication with staff, and between staff and upper management. Good attendance. Handles stress well and keeps a positive attitude. Excels at conflict resolution and superb at problem solving.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.