Customer Service Representative
Nov 29, 2021
Reports to: CSR Supervisor
Rate of Pay: $18 - $20 Hourly
Overall Responsibility: Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) work at the front desk of the hospital and are the liaison between clients/patients and the rest of the hospital. CSRs are the face of the hospital and first stop for any client. CSRs are expected to serve all clients with expectational customer service for both routine appointments and Emergency care. CSRs must be able to think and act quickly in high pressure situation and facilitate the best possible care and experience for all clients and patients. CSRs are responsible for interacting with all areas of the hospital and organizing the flow of the hospital to the best of their abilities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage all tasks required for the front desk of a busy 24/7 hospital.
- Answer multiple phone lines.
- Check in scheduled appointments for ALL departments.
- Check in emergency patients, call for appropriate assistance and communicate process and wait time with clients.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and maintain a positive attitude to facilitate an exceptional client experience, including euthanasia and trauma.
- Send appointment reminder emails, calls, and text messages.
- Make follow-up phone calls for recent visits
- Create, update, and scan documents into the patient records. Attention to detail, proper spelling, and grammar are crucial!
- Ability to capture client and patient information quickly and clearly.
- Take clear and concise notes to facilitate exemplary communication with clients and throughout the hospital.
- Work with the Referral Coordinator to help facilitate appointments from referring veterinarians.
- Assist in asking referring hospitals for records or images.
- Ownership of the cleanliness and organization of the front desk, hospital lobby and exam rooms.
- Other duties as needed.
Educational Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Work experience in a Customer Service role preferred. 1 year of animal experience preferred.
Skill Requirements: Strong ability to multitask and anticipate needs. Excellent communication will all levels of employees. Good attendance. Ability to manage emotions and stress during difficult situations and with a positive attitude. Ability to problem solve and manage conflict.
Physical Requirements: This job is physically active and requires frequent bending. It also requires routine lifting and restraining of animals in excess of 50 pounds.
Interacts with: All areas of the hospital.