Certified Veterinary Technician
Animal Emergency & Specialty Center in Parker, is seeking a certified veterinary technician to join our Emergency & Critical Care Department. The candidate has the opportunity to work with multiple specialists and to see a diverse caseload. The Emergency & Critical Care Department provides care for patients in our extensive and technologically advanced ICU. The candidate will work with two Board-Certified Critical Care Specialists, on a daily basis to provide the highest patient care for these patients and their owners.
This diverse caseload will give the candidate the opportunity to work with multiple specialists in a progressive environment (advanced imaging, minimally invasive techniques, etc.). This encourages an interesting, yet fun working atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have experience as a veterinary technician working in a fast-paced, patient-centered veterinary practice.
Duties for the Certified Veterinary Technician include:
- Client communication
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring
- Critical Care Monitoring
- Patient care and pain management
- After-hours on-call including nights, weekends and holidays
- Management of case-flow throughout the day
- Communication with referring veterinarians
The successful candidate will possess specific qualities:
- Great technical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Punctual, on-time and reliable
- Efficient work habits
Additional information for the position:
- Education requirements: Graduate of an accredited technician training program.
- Status: Full-time, benefits eligible after introductory period
- Physical requirements: able to stand on feet for most hours of the work day, ability to lift sedate or anesthetized patients with assistance.
- Benefits include health/dental insurance, 401k retirement plan, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, paid time off, uniforms, an employee discount, CE funds and CAVT dues.
- Pay Rate: $DOE (depending experience, interviews, references) Additional pay for on-call coverage.
- The Emergency & Critical Care Department at AESC is a busy and demanding service, so only candidates with a strong team work ethic are encouraged to apply.
- Please visit our website for additional information: http://aescparker.com/
Candidates (including candidates who have previously submitted a resume or application to AESC) must complete an employment application (please also submit your resume with references) and submit to Sara Logan, Staff Development & Training Coordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.